1st Generation of Stem Cell Products
MEDIPOST’s cutting-edge stem cell technology overcome the limitations on treatment of intractable diseases
Future of biotechnology and regenerative medicine, the stem cells
Stem cells are undifferentiated cells with the ability to differentiate into various cell types making up the tissues within the body. Stem cells can restore damaged tissues and bodily functions through self-replication, differentiation and/or the secretion of various growth factors.
Healing power of newborn cells, MEDIPOST’s cord blood-derived stem cell products
The core strengths of MEDIPOST’s stem cell products lies within the most primitive and freshest stem cells derived from umbilical cord blood of the new born babies. Umbilical cord blood is fetal blood found in the umbilical cord of a newborn baby and is the source of the most primitive form of ‘adult’ stem cells due to the vitality around the time of beginning of life. Umbilical cord blood stem cells are the youngest among all types of adult stem cells and retain the characteristics of stem cells with an excellent regenerative capacity.
Treatment of repetitive and/or traumatic cartilage degeneration including Degenerative Osteoarthritis(OA) without age limit.
· Biologics License Application(BLA) Market-Approval by Ministry of Food and Drug Safety(MFDS), Korea in January 2012: Approval Label: “Treatment of repetitive and/or traumatic cartilage degeneration including Degenerative Osteoarthritis(OA) without age limit”
· Completed US FDA Phase 1/2a Clinical Trial
· Phase 3 clinical trial ongoing in Japan
Preventive Treatment for Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia(BPD)
· Phase 2 clinical trial ongoing in Korea
· Completed US FDA Phase 1/2 clinical trial
· Orphan Drug Designation by US FDA & EMA
· Fast-Track Designation by US FDA