| Stem Cells | 2022-04-18|
HLA-A2 Promotes the Therapeutic Effect of Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Hyperoxic Lung InjuryHLA-A2 in hUCB-MSCs is a major factor that enhances therapeutic effect in hyperoxic lung injury and inflammatory conditions.
· Issue information | Bioengineering (Basel). 2022 Apr;9(4):177. doi: 10.3390/bioengineering9040177.
· Co-author | Jihye Kwak, Wankyu Choi, Yunkyung Bae, Miyeon Kim, Soojin Choi, Wonil Oh, Hye Jin Jin
| Stem Cells | 2022-02-01|
CD26 Inhibition Potentiates the Therapeutic Effects of Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells by Delaying Cellular SenescenceCD26 is a potential novel target for the rejuvenation of senescent MSCs for their use in manufacturing MSC-based applications.
· Issue information | Front Cell Dev Biol. 2021; 9: 803645. Published online 2022 Feb 1. doi: 10.3389/fcell.2021.803645
· Co-author | Miyeon Kim, Jinyoung Go, Ji Hye Kwon, Hye Jin Jin, Yun Kyung Bae, Eun-Young Kim, Eun-Ju Chang, Soo Jin Choi and Seong Who Kim
| Stem Cells | 2021-09-14|
Intracerebroventricular injection of human umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cells in patients with Alzheimer’s disease dementia: a phase I clinical trialIntracerebroventricular injection of human umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cells in patients with Alzheimer’s disease dementia: a phase I clinical trial
· Issue information | Alzheimers Res Ther. 2021; 13: 154. doi: 10.1186/s13195-021-00897-2
· Co-author | Hee Jin Kim, Kyung Rae Cho, Hyemin Jang, Na Kyung Lee, Young Hee Jung, Jun Pyo Kim, Jung Il Lee, Jong Wook Chang, Seongbeom Park, Sung Tae Kim, Seung Whan Moon, Sang Won Seo, Soo Jin Choi, and Duk L. Na
| Stem Cells | 2021-04-15|
Positively correlated CD47 activation and autophagy in umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells during senescenceCD47 is a key player in autophagy and senescence to maintain and regulate the growth of MSCs, suggesting that CD47 may be a critical key marker for selection of effective stem cells in cell therapy.
· Issue information | Stem Cells Int. 2021 Apr 15;2021:5582792. doi: 10.1155/2021/5582792.
· Co-author | Gee-Hye Kim, Yun Kyung Bae, Ji Hye Kwon, Miyeon Kim, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Soyoun Um and Hye Jin Jin
| Stem Cells | 2020-12-26|
Prospects for the therapeutic development of umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells.This article reviewed the current literature pertaining to the UCB-derived MSC application as potential treatment strategies, and discuss the concerns regarding the safety and mass production issues in future applications.
· Issue information | World J Stem Cells. 2020 Dec 26;12(12):1511-1528. doi: 10.4252/wjsc.v12.i12.1511.
· Co-author | Soyoun Um, Jueun Ha, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Hye Jin Jin
| Stem Cells | 2020-07-18|
Galectin-3 Secreted by Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Reduces Aberrant Tau Phosphorylation in an Alzheimer Disease ModelhUCB-MSCs-secreted GAL-3 reduces Aberrant tau phosphorylation in AD model
· Issue information | Stem Cells Int. 2020 Jul 18;2020:8878412.doi:10.1155/2020/8878412
· Co-author | Hoon Lim, Dahm Lee, Wan Kyu Choi, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Dong Hyun Kim
| Stem Cells | 2020-04-17|
Primary cilia mediate Wnt5a/β-catenin signaling to regulate adipogenic differentiation of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells following calcium inductionCiliogenesis was negatively regulated by Wnt5a/β-catenin signaling during adipogenesis.
· Issue information | Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2020 Apr;17(2):193-202. doi: 10.1007/s13770-019-00237-4.
· Co-author | Yun Kyung Bae, Gee-Hye Kim, Ji Hye Kwon, Miyeon Kim, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Soyoun Um, Hye Jin Jin
| Stem Cells | 2020-01-11|
Up-Regulation of Superoxide Dismutase 2 in 3D Spheroid Formation Promotes Therapeutic Potency of Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem CellsThe increase in SOD2 in the spheroid form of MSCs is a particularly relevant finding relative to the improvement of therapeutic potency by enhancing cell survival and suppressing the oxidative stress in osteoarthritis.
· Issue information | Antioxidants 2020, 9(1), 66; https://doi.org/10.3390/antiox901066
· Co-author | Miyoung Lee, Bo Ram Song, Dong Hyun Kim, Jueun Ha, Minju Lee, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Soyoun Um, Hye Jin Jin
| Stem Cells | 2018-10-12|
Effect of growth differentiation factor-15 secreted by human umbilical cord blood- derived mesenchymal stem cells on amyloid beta levels in in vitro and in vivo models of Alzheimer's diseaseThis study demonstrated in an Alzheimer's disease model that secretory protein of umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells, GDF-15 promotes the removal of amyloid beta by improving the secretion of IDE(insulin-degrading enzyme) well-known as a representative amyloid-degrading enzyme through the regulation of microglia in the nervous system. This study is meaningful in that it further clarified that previously reported GDF-15 is effective in promoting amyloid beta removal in addition to the nerve regeneration effect as a role of multi-function.
· Issue information | 2018 Oct 12;504(4):933-940. doi: 10.1016/j.bbrc.2018.09.012. Epub 2018 Sep 14.
· Co-author | Dong Hyun Kim, Dahm Lee, Hoon Lim, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Yoon Sun Yang, Jong Ho Jang
| Stem Cells | 2018-09-05|
Cobalt Chloride Enhances the Anti-Inflammatory Potency of Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells through the ERK-HIF-1α-MicroRNA-146a-Mediated Signaling PathwayMSC shows therapeutic effects through paracrine secretion or intercellular contact that regulates inflammatory or immune responses. Through the asthma mouse model, this study showed that CoCl2 enhances the anti-inflammatory activity of MSC through the ERK-HIF-1a-miRNA124a pathway, and CoCl2 has better therapeutic efficacy for inflammatory diseases of pretreated MSC.
· Issue information | 2018 Sep 5;2018:4978763. doi: 10.1155/2018/4978763
· Co-author | Ji Hye Kwak, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Yoon Sun Yang, Hong Bae Jeon, Eun Su Jeon