| Stem Cells | 2021-09-14|
Intracerebroventricular injection of human umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cells in patients with Alzheimer’s disease dementia: a phase I clinical trialIntracerebroventricular injection of human umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cells in patients with Alzheimer’s disease dementia: a phase I clinical trial
· Issue information | Alzheimers Res Ther. 2021; 13: 154. doi: 10.1186/s13195-021-00897-2
· Co-author | Hee Jin Kim, Kyung Rae Cho, Hyemin Jang, Na Kyung Lee, Young Hee Jung, Jun Pyo Kim, Jung Il Lee, Jong Wook Chang, Seongbeom Park, Sung Tae Kim, Seung Whan Moon, Sang Won Seo, Soo Jin Choi, and Duk L. Na
| SMUP-Cell | 2021-09-14|
PTX-3 Secreted by Intra-Articular-Injected SMUP-Cells Reduces Pain in an Osteoarthritis Rat ModelPTX-3 expression in injected SMUP-Cells, applied as a therapeutic strategy, reduced pain in an OA model.
· Issue information | Cells. 2021 Sep 14;10(9):2420. doi: 10.3390/cells10092420.
· Co-author | Minju Lee, Gee-Hye Kim, Miyeon Kim, Ji Min Seo, Yu Mi Kim, Mi Ra Seon, Soyoun Um, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Bo Ram Song, Hye Jin Jin
| PNEUMOSTEM | 2021-04-20|
Stem cells for bronchopulmonary dysplasia in preterm infants: A randomized controlled phase II trialIn phase II clinical trial, intratracheal transplantation of PNEUMOSTEM might be safe and feasible, it did significantly improve the secondary outcome of severe BPD in preterm infants at 23 to 24 gestational weeks subgroup. Accordingly, we are now conducting an additional larger and controlled phase II clinical trial focusing on preterm infants at 23 to 24 gestational weeks.
· Issue information | Stem Cells Transl Med. 2021 Aug;10(8):1129-1137. doi: 10.1002/sctm.20-0330.
· Co-author | So Yoon Ahn, Yun Sil Chang, Myung Hee Lee, Se In Sung, Byong Sop Lee, Ki Soo Kim, Ai-Rhan Kim, Won Soon Park
| Stem Cells | 2021-04-15|
Positively correlated CD47 activation and autophagy in umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells during senescenceCD47 is a key player in autophagy and senescence to maintain and regulate the growth of MSCs, suggesting that CD47 may be a critical key marker for selection of effective stem cells in cell therapy.
· Issue information | Stem Cells Int. 2021 Apr 15;2021:5582792. doi: 10.1155/2021/5582792.
· Co-author | Gee-Hye Kim, Yun Kyung Bae, Ji Hye Kwon, Miyeon Kim, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Soyoun Um and Hye Jin Jin
| CARTISTEM | 2021-02-20|
Allogenic Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Are More Effective Than Bone Marrow Aspiration Concentrate for Cartilage Regeneration After High Tibial Osteotomy in Medial Unicompartmental Osteoarthritis of KneeCARTISTEM was more effective than BMAC augmentation for articular cartilage regeneration in Medial Unicompartmental Osteoarthritis of Knee.
· Issue information | Arthroscopy. 2021 Aug;37(8):2521-2530. doi: 10.1016/j.arthro.2021.02.022.
· Co-author | Nam-Hun Lee, Seung-Min Na, Hyeon-Wook Ahn, Joon-Kyoo Kang, Jong-Keun Seon, Eun-Kyoo Song
| CARTISTEM | 2021-01-25|
Allogenic umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stromal cell implantation was superior to bone marrow aspirate concentrate augmentation for cartilage regeneration despite similar clinical outcomesCARTISTEM was more effective than BMAC augmentation for articular cartilage regeneration in high tibial osteotomy (HTO) for medial compartmental knee osteoarthritis.
· Issue information | Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2022 Jan;30(1):208-218. doi: 10.1007/s00167-021-06450-w.
· Co-author | Hong‑Yeol Yang, Eun‑Kyoo Song, Sung‑Ju Kang, Woo‑Kyoung Kwak, Joon‑Kyoo Kang, Jong‑Keun Seon
| Cord Blood | 2021-01-14|
High Integrity and Fidelity of Long-Term Cryopreserved Umbilical Cord Blood for TransplantationThe high-viability recovery of long-term cryopreserved CB suggests that successful hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) transplantation and other clinical applications, which are suitable for treating incurable diseases, may be performed regardless of long-term storage.
· Issue information | J Clin Med. 2021 Jan 14;10(2):293. doi: 10.3390/jcm10020293.
· Co-author | Gee-Hye Kim, Jihye Kwak, Sung Hee Kim, Hee Jung Kim, Hye Kyung Hong, Hye Jin Jin, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Soyoun Um
| CARTISTEM | 2021-01-12|
Allogeneic Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell Implantation Versus Microfracture for Large, Full-Thickness Cartilage Defects in Older Patients: A Multicenter Randomized Clinical Trial and Extended 5-Year Clinical Follow-upIn the Phase 3 clinical trial, CARTISTEM implantation showed more durable improvement of pain and function up to 5 years compared with microfracture in patients with cartilage defects with or without osteoarthritis.
· Issue information | Orthop J Sports Med. 2021 Jan 12;9(1):2325967120973052. doi: 10.1177/2325967120973052.
· Co-author | Hong-Chul Lim, Yong-Beom Park, Chul-Won Ha, Brian J Cole, Beom-Koo Lee, Hwa-Jae Jeong, Myung-Ku Kim, Seong-Il Bin, Chong-Hyuk Choi, Choong Hyeok Choi, Jae-Doo Yoo, Cartistem Research Group; Jung-Ro Yoon, Jun-Young Chung
| SMUP-Cell | 2021-01-03|
Senescence-Associated Secretory Phenotype Suppression Mediated by Small-Sized Mesenchymal Stem Cells Delays Cellular Senescence through TLR2 and TLR5 Signaling.A small cell from UCB-MSCs exhibit delayed cellular senescence by inhibiting the process of TLR signaling-mediated senescence-associated secretory phenotype (SASP) activation.
· Issue information | Cells. 2021 Jan 3;10(1):63. doi: 10.3390/cells10010063.
· Co-author | Ji Hye Kwon, Miyeon Kim, Soyoun Um, Hyang Ju Lee, Yun Kyung Bae, Soo Jin Choi, Hyun Ho Hwang, Wonil Oh, Hye Jin Jin
| Stem Cells | 2020-12-26|
Prospects for the therapeutic development of umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells.This article reviewed the current literature pertaining to the UCB-derived MSC application as potential treatment strategies, and discuss the concerns regarding the safety and mass production issues in future applications.
· Issue information | World J Stem Cells. 2020 Dec 26;12(12):1511-1528. doi: 10.4252/wjsc.v12.i12.1511.
· Co-author | Soyoun Um, Jueun Ha, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Hye Jin Jin