| Stem Cells | 2018-01-10|
Thrombospondin-1 secreted by human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells rescues neurons from synaptic dysfunction in Alzheimer’s disease modelThis study shows that TSP-1, a secretory protein of umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells, can restore nerve cell synapse dysfunction in Alzheimer-type dementia.
· Issue information | Sci Rep. 2018 Jan 10;8(1):354. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-18542-0.
· Co-author | Dong Hyun Kim, Hoon Lim, Dahm Lee, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Yoon Sun Yang, Jeong Soo Oh, Hyun Ho Hwang, Hong Bae Jeon
| Stem Cells | 2017-10-10|
Optimization of culture conditions for rapid clinical-scale expansion of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cellsAs a study on the optimal condition and large capacity cell culture method for the clinical application of mesenchymal stem cells, this study demonstrates that it maintains stem cell characteristics with an increasing number of cells.
· Issue information | Clin Transl Med. 2017 Oct 10;6(1):38. doi: 10.1186/s40169-017-0168-z.
· Co-author | Wankyu Choi, Soon Jea Kwon, Hye Jin Jin, Sang Young Jeong, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Yoon Sun Yang, Hong Bae Jeon, Eun Su Jeon
| PNEUMOSTEM | 2017-04-21|
Two-Year Follow-Up Outcomes of Premature Infants Enrolled in the Phase I Trial of Mesenchymal Stem Cells Transplantation for Bronchopulmonary DysplasiaIntratracheal transplantation of PNEMOSTEM in preterm infants enrolled in the Phase I Trial has been shown to be safe, with no adverse respiratory, growth, and neurodevelopmental effects at 2 years follow-up.
· Issue information | J Pediatr. 2017 Jun;185:49-54.e2. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2017.02.061
· Co-author | So Yoon Ahn, Yun Sil Chang, Ji Hye Kim, Se In Sung, Won Soon Park
| CARTISTEM | 2017-02-02|
Restoration of a large osteochondral defect of the knee using a composite of umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells and hyaluronic acid hydrogel: a case report with a 5-year follow-upCARTISTEM implantation showed cartilage regeneration and improving clinical outcomes in one patient for large osteochondral defects of the knee at 5 years follow-up.
· Issue information | BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2017 Feb 2;18(1):59-68. doi: 10.1186/s12891-017-1422-7.
· Co-author | Yong-Beom Park, Chul-Won Ha, Choong-Hee Lee, Yong-Geun Park
| CARTISTEM | 2016-12-05|
In vitro Chondrogenic Hypertrophy Induction of Mesenchymal Stem CellsTo investigate underlying mechanisms of chondrogenic hypertrophy, the inevitable result of chondrogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells(MSCs), we need suitable in vitro model. This study presents a simple protocol for induction of hypertrophy during in vitro chondrogenesis of MSCs.
· Issue information | Bio-protocol. Vol 6, Issue 23, page e2057
· Co-author | Sang Young Jeong, Miyoung Lee, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, and Hong Bae Jeon
| Stem Cells | 2016-03-22|
Senescence associated MCP-1 secretion is dependent on a decline in BMI1 in human mesenchymal stromal cells.In the present study, we provide the first evidence supporting the existence of the MCP-1 as a causative contributor to human UCB-MSCs senescence and positive feedback between the intrinsic and extrinsic circuitry of the process. MCP-1 induction is epigenetically regulated by a reduction in BMI1 in senescent UCB-MSC.
· Issue information | Antioxid Redox Signal. 2015 Nov 17. doi: 10.1089/ars.2015.6359.
· Co-author | Hye Jin Jin, Hyang Ju Lee, Jisun Lim, Miyeon Kim, Min Kyung Kim, Hae Yun Nam, Gyong Hwa Hong, Yon Sook Cho, Soo Jin Choi, In-Gyu Kom, Dong-Myung Shin, Seong Who Kim
| Stem Cells | 2016-03-03|
Downregulation of Melanoma Cell Adhesion Molecule(MCAM/CD146) Accelerates Cellular Senescence in Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells.This study provides strong evidence that CD146 is a novel and useful marker for predicting senescence in human UCB-MSCs, and CD146 can potentially be applied in quality-control assessments of human UCB-MSC-based therapy.
· Issue information | Stem Cells Transl Med. 2016 Apr;5(4):427-39.
· Co-author | Hye Jin Jin, Ji Hye Kwon, Miyeon Kim, Yun Kyung Bae, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Yoon Sun Yang, Hong Bae Jeon
| CARTISTEM | 2015-08-25|
Autocrine Action of Thrombospondin-2 Determines the Chondrogenic Differentiation Potential and Suppresses Hypertrophic Maturation of Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells.This study indicates that the variable chondrogenic differentiation potential of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells(hUCB-MSCs) obtained from different donors is influenced by the thrombospondin-2(TSP-2) level. Additionally, TSP-2 could attenuate hypertrophy during chondrogenic differentiation of hUCB-MSCs. Thus, TSP-2 can be used as a marker to select MSCs with superior chondrogenic differentiation potential for cartilage regeneration therapy.
· Issue information | Stem Cells. 2015 Nov;33(11):3291-303. doi: 10.1002/stem.2120. Epub 2015 Aug 25.
· Co-author | Sang Young Jeong, Jueun Ha, Miyoung Lee, Hye Jin Jin, Dong Hyun Kim, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Yoon Sun Yang, Jae-Sung Kim, Byung-Gyu Kim, Jeong Ho Chang, Dong-Hyung Cho, Hong Bae Jeon
| Stem Cells | 2015-08-19|
GDF-15 secreted from human umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cells delivered through the cerebrospinal fluid promotes hippocampal neurogenesis and synaptic activity in an Alzheimer’s disease model.In this study, we elucidated that the effectiveness to repeatedly administrated hUCB-MSCs through the CSF route as well as the promotion of hippocampal neurogenesis and synaptic activity by the GDF-15 secreted from hUCB-MSCs in Alzheimer's disease model.
· Issue information | Stem Cells Dev. 2015 Oct 15;24(20):2378-90. doi: 10.1089/scd.2014.0487. Epub 2015 Aug 19.
· Co-author | Dong Hyun Kim, Dahm Lee, Eun Hyuk Chang, Ji Hyun Kim, Jung Won Hwang, Ju-Yeon Kim, Jae Won Kyung, Sung Hyun Kim, Jeong Su Oh, Sang Mi Shim, Duk Lyul Na, Wonil Oh, Jong Wook Chang
| Others | 2015-05-29|
Conditioned Media from Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Inhibits Melanogenesis by Promoting Proteasomal Degradation of MITF.This study showed that conditioned media from human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells inhibits melanogenesis by modulating microphthalmia-associated transcription factor(MITF) via ERK signaling pathway.
· Issue information | PLoS One. 2015 May 29;10(5):e0128078. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0128078. eCollection 2015.
· Co-author | Kim ES, Jeon HB, Lim H, Shin JH, Park SJ, Jo YK, Oh W, Yang YS, Cho DH, Kim JY.