| Others | 2011-09-01|
Therapeutic potential of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells after intrathecal administration by lumbar puncture in a rat model of cerebral ischemia.This study identified in animal experiment that intrathecal administration of MSCs by lumbar puncture may be useful and feasible for MSCs treatment of ischemic brain injuries.
· Issue information | Stem Cell Res Ther. 2011 Sep 22;2(5):38.
· Co-author | Lim JY, Jeong Ch, Jun JA, Kim SM, Ryu CH, Hou Y, Oh W, Chang JW, Jeun SS.
| PNEUMOSTEM | 2011-08-01|
Intratracheal transplantation of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells attenuates Escherichia coli-induced acute lung injury in mice.This study shows results that intratracheal transplantation of umbilical cord blood derived mesenchymal stem cells in acute lung injury by bacteria can mitigate the injury by promoting anti-inflammatory reaction and bacterial removal.
· Issue information | Respir Res. 2011 Aug 15;12:108.
· Co-author | ES Kim, YS Chang, SJ Choi, JK Kim, HS Yoo, SY Ahn, DK Sung, SY Kim, YR Park, WS Park.
| Stem Cells | 2011-03-31|
CXC chemokine receptor 1 enhances the ability of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells to migrate toward gliomas.This study is a report that overexpression of CXCR1, one of chemokine receptor, by genetic insertion can enhance therapeutic effect of MSC in migration mechanism of hUCB-MSCs toward tumors in treating brain tumor.
· Issue information | Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011 Apr 22;407(4):741-6.
· Co-author | Kim SM, Kim DS, Jeong CH, Kim DH, Kim JH, Jeon HB, Kwon SJ, Jeun SS, Yang YS, Oh W, Chang JW.
| Stem Cells | 2011-03-04|
Neural Differentiation of Brain-derived Neurotrophic Factor-expressing Human Umbilical Cord Blood-derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Culture via TrkB-mediated ERK and β-catenin Phosphorylation and following Transplantation into the Developing Brain.This study identified neural regeneration effect of BDNF and its mechanism in neurological disease treatment of hUCB-MSCs. The results indicate that when injecting BDNF overexpressed in hUCB-MSCs, it induces the neural differentiation of hUCB-MSCs via the phosphorylation of ERKs and β-catenin.
· Issue information | Cell Transplant. 2011;20(11-12):1855-66.
· Co-author | Lim JY, Park SI, Kim SM, Jun JA, Oh JH, Ryu CH, Jeong CH, Park SH, Park SA, Oh W, Chang JW, Jeun SS.
| PNEUMOSTEM | 2011-01-01|
Intratracheal Transplantation of Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Dose-Dependently Attenuates Hyperoxia-Induced Lung Injury in Neonatal Rats.This study shows results that intratracheal transplantation of human UCB derived MSCs may attenuate hyperoxia-induced lung injury in neonatal rats by modulating host inflammatory responses and oxidative stress.
· Issue information | Cell Transplant. 2011;20(11-12):1843-54.
· Co-author | YS Chang, SJ Choi, DK Sung, SY Kim,W Oh, YS Yang, WS Park.
| Stem Cells | 2010-12-01|
Irradiation enhances the tumor tropism and therapeutic potential of tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-secreting human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells in glioma therapy.This study proved that when irradiation was added to brain tumor therapy, tumor tropism of hUCB-MSCs into which TRAIL gene inducing apoptosis was introduced was increased to enhance its therapeutic effect.
· Issue information | Stem Cells. 2010 Dec;28(12):2217-28.
· Co-author | Kim SM, Oh JH, Park SA, Ryu CH, Lim JY, Kim DS, Chang JW, Oh W, Jeun SS.
| Stem Cells | 2010-08-01|
Galectin-3 secreted by human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells reduces amyloid-beta42 neurotoxicity in vitro.This study shows that galectin-3(GAL-3), a protein secreted from hUCB-MSCs, protects neurons from toxicity of amyloid-β, a cause substance of Alzheimer type dementia.
· Issue information | FEBS Lett. 2010 Aug 20;584(16):3601-8.
· Co-author | Kim JY, Kim DH, Kim DS, Kim JH, Jeong SY, Jeon HB, Lee EH, Yang YS, Oh W, Chang JW.
| Stem Cells | 2010-06-01|
GD2 expression is closely associated with neuronal differentiation of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells.Although GD-2 is known as a key factor to identify MSCs, this study shows that it plays a role to control neuronal differentiation of hUCB-MSCs.
· Issue information | Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010 Jun;67(11):1845-58.
· Co-author | Jin HJ, Nam HY, Bae YK, Kim SY, Im R, Yang YS, Oh WI, Choi SJ, Kim SW.
| Stem Cells | 2010-05-13|
Microporation is a valuable transfection method for efficient gene delivery into human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells.This study reported that microporation technology can enhance efficiency of gene transfer therapy by introducing genes into MSCs efficiently, in using stem cell therapy.
· Issue information | BMC Biotechnology 2010 10: 38-50.
· Co-author | Lim JY, Park SH, Jeong CH, Oh JH, Kim SM, Ryu CH, Park SA, Ahn JG, Oh W, Jeun SS, Chang JW.
| Stem Cells | 2010-04-26|
Application of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cell in disease models.This study explains that hUCB-MSC is a cell applicable to various diseases including cartilage injury, brain tumor, brain injury, pulmonary disease, and immune therapy as stem cell therapy.
· Issue information | World J Stem Cells. Apr 26, 2010; 2(2): 34. 38.
· Co-author | Kim JY, Jeon HB, Yang YS, Oh W, Chang JW.