| Stem Cells | 2020-01-11|
Up-Regulation of Superoxide Dismutase 2 in 3D Spheroid Formation Promotes Therapeutic Potency of Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem CellsThe increase in SOD2 in the spheroid form of MSCs is a particularly relevant finding relative to the improvement of therapeutic potency by enhancing cell survival and suppressing the oxidative stress in osteoarthritis.
· Issue information | Antioxidants 2020, 9(1), 66; https://doi.org/10.3390/antiox901066
· Co-author | Miyoung Lee, Bo Ram Song, Dong Hyun Kim, Jueun Ha, Minju Lee, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Soyoun Um, Hye Jin Jin
| PNEUMOSTEM | 2019-09-27|
Decorin Secreted by Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Induces Macrophage Polarization via CD44 to Repair Hyperoxic Lung InjuryDecorin as a key paracrine factor, including macrophage polarization via CD44, a master immunoregulator in human UCB-MSCs.
· Issue information | Int J Mol Sci. 2019 Sep 27;20(19). pii: E4815. doi: 10.3390/ijms20194815.
· Co-author | Ji Hye Kwon, Miyeon Kim, Yun Kyung Bae, Gee Hye Kim, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Soyoun Um, Hye Jin Jin
| CARTISTEM | 2019-08-20|
Cartilage regeneration in osteoarthritic knees treated with distal femoral osteotomy and intralesional implantation of allogenic human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells: A report of two casesCARTISTEM implantation combined with DFO showed cartilage regeneration and improving clinical outcomes in two patients with valgus deformity who had lateral compartment osteoarthritis.
· Issue information | Knee. 2019 Dec;26(6):1445-1450. doi: 10.1016/j.knee.2019.07.017.
· Co-author | Jun-Seob Song, Ki-Taek Hong, Na-Min Kim, Jae-Yub Jung, Han-Soo Park, You Seung Chun, Seok Jung Kim
| PNEUMOSTEM | 2019-04-13|
Safety of Intratracheal Administration of Human Umbilical Cord Blood Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells in Extremely Low Birth Weight Preterm InfantsIntratracheal administration of PNEUMOSTEM treatment was well tolerated and shows to be safe and feasible in extremely low birth weight preterm Infants at high risk for bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
· Issue information | J Pediatr. 2019 Jul;210:209-213.e2. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2019.02.029.
· Co-author | So Yoon Ahn, Yun Sil Chang, Ji Hye Kim, Se In Sung, Won Soon Park
| CARTISTEM | 2019-04-01|
Allogenic umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells implantation for the treatment of juvenile osteochondritis dissecans of the kneeCARTISTEM implantation showed cartilage regeneration and improving clinical outcomes in two patients with juvenile osteochondritis dissecans of the knee at one year follow-up.
· Issue information | J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2019 Oct;10(Suppl 1):S20-S25. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2019.03.025.
· Co-author | Jun-Seob Song, Ki-Taek Hong, Na-Min Kim, Jae-Yub Jung, Han-Soo Park, Yoo-Chang Kim, Asode Ananthram Shetty, Seok Jung Kim
| Stem Cells | 2018-10-12|
Effect of growth differentiation factor-15 secreted by human umbilical cord blood- derived mesenchymal stem cells on amyloid beta levels in in vitro and in vivo models of Alzheimer's diseaseThis study demonstrated in an Alzheimer's disease model that secretory protein of umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells, GDF-15 promotes the removal of amyloid beta by improving the secretion of IDE(insulin-degrading enzyme) well-known as a representative amyloid-degrading enzyme through the regulation of microglia in the nervous system. This study is meaningful in that it further clarified that previously reported GDF-15 is effective in promoting amyloid beta removal in addition to the nerve regeneration effect as a role of multi-function.
· Issue information | 2018 Oct 12;504(4):933-940. doi: 10.1016/j.bbrc.2018.09.012. Epub 2018 Sep 14.
· Co-author | Dong Hyun Kim, Dahm Lee, Hoon Lim, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Yoon Sun Yang, Jong Ho Jang
| Stem Cells | 2018-09-05|
Cobalt Chloride Enhances the Anti-Inflammatory Potency of Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells through the ERK-HIF-1α-MicroRNA-146a-Mediated Signaling PathwayMSC shows therapeutic effects through paracrine secretion or intercellular contact that regulates inflammatory or immune responses. Through the asthma mouse model, this study showed that CoCl2 enhances the anti-inflammatory activity of MSC through the ERK-HIF-1a-miRNA124a pathway, and CoCl2 has better therapeutic efficacy for inflammatory diseases of pretreated MSC.
· Issue information | 2018 Sep 5;2018:4978763. doi: 10.1155/2018/4978763
· Co-author | Ji Hye Kwak, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Yoon Sun Yang, Hong Bae Jeon, Eun Su Jeon
| Others | 2018-08-06|
Modeling and Staging of Osteoarthritis Progression Using Serial CT Imaging and ArthroscopyThis study presents an animal model of degenerative arthritis similar to humans in which the meniscal release method can be used to induce degenerative arthritis in sheep and then, the degree of cartilage damage can be checked with CT images and arthroscopy without the sacrifice of the object to determine when to administer the therapeutic agent.
· Issue information | Cartilage. 2018 Aug 6:1947603518789997. doi: 10.1177/1947603518789997
· Co-author | Candace Flynn, Mark Hurtig, Emma Lamoure, Erin Cummins, Valeria Roati, Mark Lowerison, Sang Young Jeong, Wonil Oh, Alex Zur Linden
| Stem Cells | 2018-07-11|
Intracellular Calcium Determines the Adipogenic Differentiation Potential of Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells via the Wnt5a/β-Catenin Signaling PathwayCalcium enhances the ability of cord blood-derived stem cells to differentiate into fat, which is observed through Wnt5a / β-Catenin signaling. Culture conditions to improve stem cell differentiation potency were identified through the above results.
· Issue information | Stem Cells Int. 2018 Jul 11;2018:6545071. doi: 10.1155/2018/6545071
· Co-author | Yun Kyung Bae, Ji Hye Kwon, Miyeon Kim, Gee-Hye Kim, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Yoon Sun Yang, Hye Jin Jin, Hong Bae Jeon
| Stem Cells | 2018-05-22|
Small hypoxia-primed mesenchymal stem cells attenuate graft-versus-host diseaseThe superiority of the new process SMUP cells was identified and the efficacy enhancement of the cell therapy products was demonstrated through the GVHD animal model. Basic data for cell therapy products development was obtained through the new process.
· Issue information | Leukemia. 2018 May 22. doi: 10.1038/s41375-018-0151-8
· Co-author | Hye Jin Jin, Sang Young Jeong, JiHye Kwon, Miyeon Kim, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Yoon Sun Yang, Hyun Ho Hwang, Hong Bae Jeon