| PNEUMOSTEM | 2014-02-06|
Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia: Phase 1 Dose-Escalation Clinical TrialIn phase I clinical trial, Intratracheal transplantation of PNEMOSTEM in preterm infants at high risk for bronchopulmonary dysplasia was shown to be safe and feasible.
· Issue information | J Pediatr. 2014 May;164(5):966-972.e6. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2013.12.011
· Co-author | Yun Sil Chang, So Yoon Ahn, Hye Soo Yoo, Se In Sung, Soo Jin Choi, Won Il Oh, Won Soon Park
| Stem Cells | 2014-01-11|
Optimization of the therapeutic efficacy of human umbilical cord blood-mesenchymal stromal cells in an NSG mouse xenograft model of graft-versus-host diseaseThis is a study to identify optimal conditions for improving therapeutic effectiveness of human umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cells in prevention or treatment of GVHD(Graft-versus-Host Disease).
· Issue information | Cytotherapy. 2014 Mar;16(3):298-308.
· Co-author | Yun Kyung Jang, Miyeon Kim, Young-Ho Lee, Wonil Oh, Yoon Sun Yang & Soo Jin Choi.
| CARTISTEM | 2013-10-01|
Thrombospondin-2 secreted by human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells promotes chondrogenic differentiation.Although therapeutic effect of mesenchymal stem cells on cartilage disorders is well known, a lot of studies are being progressed on its mechanism. In this study, a specific protein (TSP-2) expressed by cord blood mesenchymal cells by joint fluid component was identified and the regeneration mechanism of injured cartilage was determined by secretion of this protein.
· Issue information | Stem Cells. 2013 Oct;31(10):2136-48.
· Co-author | Jeong SY, Kim DH, Ha J, Jin HJ, Kwon SJ, Chang JW, Choi SJ, Oh W, Yang YS, Kim G, Kim JS, Yoon JR, Cho DH, Jeon HB.
| Stem Cells | 2013-09-03|
Comparative analysis of human mesenchymal stem cells from bone marrow, adipose tissue, and umbilical cord blood as sources of cell therapy.Mesenchymal stem cells are isolated and cultured from various sources such as bone marrow, cord blood and fat. This study compared surface antigen expression, differentiation ability, proliferation capacity, clonality, tolerance for aging, and paracrine activity and identified a protein effective to treatment inflammation from cord blood derived mesenchymal stem cell.
· Issue information | Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2013, 14(9), 17986-18001.
· Co-author | Hye Jin Jin, Yun Kyung Bae, Miyeon Kim, Soon-Jae Kwon, Hong Bae Jeon, Soo Jin Choi, Seong Who Kim, Yoon Sun Yang, Wonil Oh, Jong Wook Chang.
| Cord Blood | 2013-08-01|
Cryopreserved Cord Blood Progenitors and Their Cell Adhesion Molecules Are Increased by Coculture With Osteoblasts and Parathyroid Hormone.Despite the cord blood(CB) cells induces lower immunogenicity, CB transplantation is also associated with delayed neutrophil and platelet recovery relative to bone marrow transplantation. This suggests a possibility to increase the engraftment of hematopoietic cells in CB by increasing the abundances of primitive cells bearing adhesion molecules in the presence of hPTH.
· Issue information | J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2013. Aug;35(6):e229-e233.
· Co-author | Yun Kyung Jang, Miyeon Kim, Hye Jin Jin,Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, and Young-Ho Lee
| Stem Cells | 2013-02-11|
Co-transplantation of third-party umbilical cord blood-derived MSCs promotes engraftment in children undergoing unrelated umbilical cord blood transplantation.This study reports that co-transplantation of Umbilical Cord Blood(UCB)-Mesenchymal Stem Cells(MSCs) in UCB transplanting patient can enhance engraftment of UCBT and decrease Transplantation Related Mortality(TRM).
· Issue information | Bone Marrow Transplant. 2013 Aug;48(8):1040-5.
· Co-author | SH Lee, MW Lee, KH Yoo, DS Kim, MH Son, KW Sung, H Cheuh, SJ Choi, W Oh, YS Yang, HH Koo.
| PNEUMOSTEM | 2013-01-21|
Timing of Umbilical Cord Blood Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Transplantation Determines Therapeutic Efficacy in the Neonatal Hyperoxic Lung Injury.This study reports experimental results for timing of umbilical cord blood derived mesenchymal stem cells administration into airway in broncho-pulmonary dysplasia that when it is transplanted intratracheally, it is possible to obtain statistically significant therapeutic effect.
· Issue information | PLoS One. 2013;8(1):e52419.
· Co-author | YS Chang, SJ Choi, SY Ahn, DK Sung, SI Sung, HS Yoo, W Oh, WS Park.
| Others | 2013-01-03|
Mesenchymal Stem Cells Prevent Hydrocephalus After Severe Intraventricular Hemorrhage.This study investigated through animal experiment that transplantation of umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells significantly attenuated the posthemorrhagic hydrocephalus and brain injury after IVH by the anti-inflammatory effects.
· Issue information | Stroke. 2013 Feb;44(2):497-504.
· Co-author | SY Ahn, YS Chang, DK Sung, SI Sung, HS Yoo, JH Lee, W Oh, WS Park.
| Stem Cells | 2012-11-26|
Umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cells protect amyloid-β42 neurotoxicity via paracrine.This study reports that when neurons is injured by amyloid-β, a cause substance of Alzheimer type dementia, decorin and progranulin of umbilical cord blood derived mesenchymal stem cells involves in anti-apoptotic effect.
· Issue information | World J Stem Cells. Nov 26, 2012; 4(11): 110-116.
· Co-author | Ju-Yeon Kim, Dong Hyun Kim, Ji Hyun Kim, Yoon Sun Yang, Wonil Oh, Eun Hui Lee, Jong Wook Chang
| Stem Cells | 2011-10-21|
Soluble intracellular adhesion molecule-1 secreted by human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cell reduces amyloid β plaques.This study demonstrates that in an Alzheimer’s type, amyloid-β developed in the hippocampus is reduced by human UCB derived MSCs. These data suggested that hUCB-MSC-derived sICAM-1 removes Aβ plaques indirectly by inducing NEP expression in microglia.
· Issue information | Cell Death Differ. 2012 Apr;19(4):680-91.
· Co-author | Kim JY, Kim DH, Kim JH, Lee D, Kim SM, Jeon HB, Kwon SJ, Choi SJ, Lee EH, Yoo YJ, Seo SW, Lee JI, Na DL, Yang YS, Oh W, Chang JW.